The budget shortfalls under the Ricketts administration are a deliberate strategy to strangle state government.
We are heading down a path like our southern neighbors, Kansas and Oklahoma, which may force us to cut public schools to four days a week. What will be the financial impact on working families affected by cuts in public funding?
State government should facilitate public-private partnerships between high schools, community colleges, universities, local businesses and trade unions.
- These alliances develop educational programs, providing necessary training and the assurance that each employee has job-specific skills for employer-specific needs.
- According to a study conducted by Tripp Umbach, the University of Nebraska’s annual economic impact is more than $3.9 billion.
- The NU System energizes our economy by:
- Bringing prosperity to our state;
- Qualifying our workforce; and
- Assisting in technology commercialization.